Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

UFC fans!

I love UFC! Yes, I said it, I love the UFC.  This weekend in Houston, the UFC is having a fan expo. There is also a fight but none of the fighters I really follow. I got addicted to the UFC on a first date to Buffalo Wild wings back in 2007. I don’t remember my date’s name but I remember in the background was the finale of Team Guida vs. Team Huerta and I was mesmerized.  I had always liked Tyson fights but this was totally different. I caught some rerun’s later of The Ultimate Fighter and found out my best friend also liked it.  We started watching the new season of the Ultimate Fighter. As I watch each season, I get more and more into the fights because you get to know the fighters.  It is similar to when people follow players from college to professional leagues.  I never thought it would be hard to find friends to watch UFC but I have noticed UFC fans are not huge in numbers but those who like it, LOVE it.  I have also noticed a lot of women follow UFC.  I know several don’t like it because it is too violent.  I know the fighting is but the fighters have a lot more respect for one another and there isn’t as much trash talking.  Also, like they say in football, any given Sunday, In UFC, any fighter can lose on any given day.  They fight often and sometimes have bad fights but it doesn’t end their career.  My favorites are Forrest Griffen, Rashad  Evans, Lyoto Machida, Anderson Silva, George St. Pierre, Lyoto Machida, Vitor Belfort, Shogun Rua and almost every contestant from TUF with Nam Phan, my favorite. Not a fan of Rampage Jackson or Brock Lesnar. I don’t like it when they are too cocky.

No comments:

Post a Comment